Friday 1 June 2012

The Writer's Voice - A Thank You Note

I probably should have written this a week ago, but... I didn't.

As you most probably know, I was recently involved in a contest called The Writer's Voice. Somehow, I managed to get three full requests out of it, but that's only the cherry on top of all I gained.

Thank you to the coaches for going through all that trouble to make this contest possible. I'd like to give a special shout-out to Brenda Drake, my coach, who gave me the most upfront suggestion for edits I've ever had, and the best, at that, (of COURSE Mad As A Hatter should be in Emil's POV, now that I think of it), and giving me the drive to actually make the changes instead of sitting around and saying "meh, it's good enough as it is."

Thank you to the agents who gave up their precious time to make requests. I think I speak for not just the team members, but everyone who followed the writers voice when I say we really, really appreciate it.

And last but not least, thank you to all the contestants! You guys are incredible. I've met so many wonderful people, and learned so much more than I knew there was to learn from all your entries. I can't wait to see all your books on the shelves.

Oh, and I'd like to add a thank you to everyone involved in The Writer's Voice Twitter Pitch, better known as #WVTP. It was so crazy and fascinating to read the entries- I can't imagine what it was like for the agents! All of whom are incredible.

Cupid is taking a well-deserved break from contests over the summer, but I can't wait to see you all again for the next contest, whether or not I'm in it!

What did you learn from The Writer's Voice?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks Alex! I'm so glad you were a part of The Writer's Voice your story was one of my favorites! I hope it gets picked up soon! <3

    ReplyDelete